Player Event Handbook
Rules: We abide by the FIVB rules for sand/beach volleyball.
Sportsmanship: All competitors at FCVA events are expected to be examples of good sportsmanship. Treat all fellow participants, administrators and spectators with consideration and civility.
The following will not be tolerated and will result in your dismissal from the event.
- Fighting: any physical and/or verbal altercation between any persons at an FCVA event will result in dismissal from the event and the local authorities shall be contacted (if necessary).
- Profanity: Profanity is NOT permitted at FCVA events. (Events take place at a public/family venue)
Officiating: All competitors will be required to act as game officials.
The FCVA acts in accordance with the FIVB rules of beach/sand volleyball.
- Teams shall be responsible for thier officiating assignments located on pool sheet or competition bracket, and as instructed by the Event Director.
- When officiating a game or match, the official(s) must take position courtside where they are able to see the full court unobstructed.
- Official(s) shall complete all game/match information on score and pool sheets.
- Official(s) are to be treated with respect at all times. Should any competitor or spectator threaten or disrespect an official or player acting as an official; the official shall halt play and report the issue to the Director. Offending player(s) may be removed from event and/or match forfeited.
- All competitors shall be available for first round playoff officiating duty at the discretion of the Director.
- Playoff officiating: Losing teams must remain to officiate the following round of playoffs.
- Players that fail to execute their officiating duties as required will be penalized by dismissal and/or suspension from future FCVA events.
*Officiating is every player's responsibility, no one enjoys it, but it is necessary for the event to continue. Please be courteous to your fellow players, and accept your turn as court official. Thanks.
Divisions: Levels or play
- Open/Pro: This is the top competitive level.
- AA: This is advanced recreational competition.
- A: Recreational competition
- B: Beginners play. Jump serves and hand setting are not permitted at the Beginners level.
- No alcohol on the beach. This is a city ordinance.
- Be sure to deposit all trash in city trash receptacles. Do not leave your trash on the beach.
- Parking: Be certain to park legally. If you park in a pay lot, be certain to pay your parking fee. Some lots do charge for parking, but attendants do not arrive until after 9 a.m.. You may be towed if you have not paid the parking fee.